Tuesday, April 03, 2018

I haven't posted on my blog in such a long time.

Life has happened.

I have a two and a half year old toddler who takes up 99% of my time. I love him to pieces.

I'm tired all the time. But he's worth it.


So much has happened since I last blogged. Including meeting David Duchovny when he toured the country last month. An incredible experience. He was lovely and it was a 24 year dream come true getting the opportunity to meet him and have my photo taken.


However everything isn't all dreams come true.

In November last year we lost our fur baby Stewie, very suddenly.

He was fine one day, sick the next and gone the next.

There are days that go by where I think I can't cope with losing him.

There are days when I'm not sure I'm okay.

Today is one of those days.

Yesterday mum lost one of her furry babies after an ongoing battle with illness. He went peacefully in his sleep, just like Stewie. He's now away from the struggles he had every day and we should be grateful that he's resting in peace. However it is bringing up a lot of unresolved feelings I have for Stewie. I miss him every day. I cry for him nearly every day.

The worst part about losing Hudson yesterday, is seeing poor Diesel all alone and missing his fur brother. He is completely lost. He looks SO incredibly sad. I know in time, like us, he will be okay - but it's breaking my heart watching him be so sad.

If you have fur babies, please hug them extra tight. You never know when they are going to be taken from you. I certainly wasn't ready for Stewie to go. It is going to be quite some time before we are ready to fill our lives with furry paws... I think we are going to have to wait until Z is old enough to have his own dog.

RIP Hudson. I hope you are running free with Stewie across the rainbow bridge. xo



Hudson, Diesel and Stewie 



1 comment:

  1. Sending you love and light. So grateful for all the goodness in your life and so sad for all the losses. You are strong, though, and I know you will persevere. KD

    ReplyDelete