Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Post-Wedding Blog

So, for those who haven't been following our Canadian Trip Blog - Craig and I are now married. :)

After two years of planning from Australia, I was so excited to finally get on the plane and arrive in Canada and meet the gorgeous wedding vendors that we had decided to use for our big day. Planning a destination wedding that is on the other side of the world is not an easy feat... but I have to say that the team we selected really made our day about as special as it could have been.

Bliss Event + Design - Marcie (Planner) - Marcie couldn't do enough for us to ensure that our day ran smoothly. We went with the 30 day package... so we had done the hard yards, and Marcie executed everything for us and took care of anything that was outstanding or needed chasing up. We also used her services for our florals and decor. Everything was perfect. Just perfect. Marcie did everything in her power to make sure that we were as cool, calm and collected as we could be and really helped make sure the day ran to schedule. My advice for brides to be... hire a planner.

The Fairmont Chateau Whistler - We used The Grand Fireplace in "The Grill Room" for our ceremony location. It was picture perfect and I'm so glad we went with this. Thank you so much to Julie for her months of communication and ensuring that all our needs were met.

Anastasia Photography - I went through dozens of Photography portfolios, all of which were gorgeous - but every single time I came back to Anastasia Chomlack's gorgeous 'out of the box' photography style - it captures the moments as they happen, as well as lots of amazing quirky shots - it wasn't a hard decision. Anastasia is a gorgeous human being who made sure we were comfortable in everything that we did for our photos - and even helped us take a few risks too - can't wait to see the photos. Craig and I did a "first look" photo - and I truly believe doing this took so much pressure off for the ceremony. The most nervous I felt was walking down the pathway to the bridge to meet Craig.

Cinnamon Bear Bar and Grill (Hilton) -  Flawless. The food and beverage package that we selected at the Hilton was so good. So good. I don't think there was anyone that left hungry. The wedding cake was out of this world. We selected a Pumpkin Philly Cream cheese cake and it was so delicious a lot of people wanted seconds and thirds. Thank you so much to Wendy and the team.

Young Hip and Married - Shawn (Officient) - Thank you so much to Shawn (and Erica). When I found their website, I knew that I had found our celebrant. These guys create a fully personalised ceremony and include anything and everything you want to make it 100% your day. We had so many comments from our guests about how amazing and personal and inclusive our ceremony was - and that Shawn was just so wonderful. These guys have a way of taking your words and story and make it sound like a best seller. We are so happy that we used these guys and know that our day will be remembered for not just the food and the drinks, but for the ceremony.

Other side notes - We used The Loft Salon  for hair and makeup styling. The ladies made sure that we didn't leave unless we were 100% happy - and we were. Our wedding bomboniere came from the "Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory" - caramel apples of goodness. They were so amazing.

The day that I finally got to wear my wedding dress.
A combination of Elizabeth DeVarga and WilliamVintage!

Thank you so much to my maid of honour (and gorgeous sister) Sam, and my beautiful bridesmaid (and friend) Anna. You two are the best and kept me 100% calm and I was so proud to have you standing alongside Craig and I. And thank you so much to Craig's best man Justin, and groomsman Dave. We love you guys. Lamees, thank you so much for singing in our ceremony (it was beautiful and made everyone cry) and thank you for also being "the voice" of our reception. To my brother Ken, thank you for being in charge of holding our "Skype" phone. Thank you to mum and dad for flying all this way to walk me down the aisle.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to all our friends and family who traveled from the other side of the world to be here for our special day... we hope that Whistler was as magical for you as it has been for us over the years, and an extra special thank you to our Canadian friends Leigh and Cory who really helped solidify our love of Whistler. We promise we'll keep getting on the plane. 

Florals By Marcie - Bliss Event + Design
Photography - Anastasia Chomlack - Anastasia Photography

Photo - Nicole Lynch


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and Craig! Sounds as if your wedding was lovely & your photos turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything was perfect. I have a photo that I'm saving to share "with the Philes" and will upload that once I've had a few weeks to process everything. :)

      Delete