Wednesday, April 11, 2012

[ Fandom ] TopGeek 2.0 - Top 50

I haven't blogged since I joined the quest to become Australia's TopGeek.

I am super excited to share that I made it through to Top 50 (Round Two) and now have the following task to implement.


TopGeek 2.0 gets a fandom following

Use your knowledge of fandom to create a concept that is capable of having its own fandom following.

The concept must be communicated in a video entry. Your video will need to show that you’ve put some thought into your concept (i.e by featuring a re-enactment, costumes or storyboards etc.)
Entrants will be judged on the originality of the concept, entertainment value of the video submission and likelihood of your concept developing a fandom following.

This is going to be one of the biggest challenges of my life.

I have had an idea, and am in the process of putting it together. I am going to go with what I know best, and see how it turns out. This is challenging. This is stressful. I am not a creative person by nature... it's one of my biggest fallbacks. But as Dana Scully says, 'What can be imagined, can be achieved.'

No spoilers. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag. However I am thankful to the Philes around the world who have given me their support, who have voted for me, and who are determined to help me try and win this thing. 

If I Quit Now. They Win. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment